Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasper

mounting a chassis myself

alright, so im gonna try and successfully mount a chassis myself. all the hole have already been drilled so tommorow im gonna go the the hardware store and try to find some peened bolts and some nuts to fit those bolts and put the chassis on the boot. Any suggestions or testimonials would be great, thanks in advanced

I did this. I should put some pics up. First off some background. I took a pair of CCM 652s and used my old Suregrip frame that I love. Before I took the ice holder off, I made a mark at the front and back of the boot (on the sole) indicating the "center" so I knew how to line it up. You said youve got the holes drilled already so if you dont have to do all that great - cuz that took some time.

As far as hardware goes, in the forefoot I used a size 10-3/4in flathead bolt and brass nuts (hehe) - and of course the interior toothed lock washers. On the heel (becuase of the frames pre-drilled holes) I used size 8-1in flatheads, nuts, lockwashers, but I also used these super thin washers inside the boot to make it more rigid.

Some may say its going to weigh a lot, but I don't see any difference. The real weight savings is in the boot itself and wheels, etc. If you are a small guy getting someone to rivet them up may be better for you. But I'm 6" and weight about 200lbs so I wanted these things to be tanks.

You could do like Graf does and just use 4 screws at the heel, and 4 screws in the forefoot. As opposed to the 15 rivets per boot skates have nowadays.

didnt work turned out chassis was a size large not medium

Check out the "new frames" thread in roller hockey equipment. It could solve your frame and mounting woes. And problems weren't even aware of!!