Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ViperJQ

Mylec Dekmat Surface

My local outdoor rink has recently purchased and installed a used mylec dekmat surface. It is the one with tiny squares that lock together. Has anyone ever played on this surface and if so what wheels woudl you suggest.

the rink that I play at has the same thing, I would suggest the softest wheel you can find. Regardless of the type of wheel you get if the ground at your rink sweats, as the weather changes, that surface becomes very hard to play hockey on. i'm from Boston so it is a coomon occurance at many of the roller rinks around here.

Thanks, the rink is about 3/4 completed so I have stopped over and skated on it the other day. I was running on 80a which had me slipping all over the place. Im going to go up today and try out some 74a's. Hopefully they will do better.

the few times i had to play on that surface i was using 76's. the first time i tried i was using 84's, man that was a nightmare. but i'd say 74 would be pretty ideal for it. as was said, the softer the better.