Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nafe

red max vs code reds

ok so i needed new skates and i saw some tour red max on sale on an LHS website for £160 ($300) which is pretty cheap over here, but instead they sent me code reds...now im not very clued up on skats at the moment but is it worth keeping them or sendin them back?

bearing in mind code reds cost $375

tour emphasized lighter and more durable boots for 06, but that may have been only talking Code1 vs. Beemer.

the code reds come with mini bearings and the Team USA wheel, whereas redmax came with standards and Dynasties. I think the liner is different, too, but not sure.

Frame is the same, as is outsole (I've seen a lot of problems with the outsole on Silvermaxes, but nothing with the reds.)

I'd just keep the code reds. the only thing that may be an issue is that you can't find as many wheel choices with mini bearings.

I'd just keep the code reds. the only thing that may be an issue is that you can't find as many wheel choices with mini bearings.

I believe they also were to come with an extra set of standard bearings and spacers because some people aren't keen on micro-core.

I'd just keep the code reds.  the only thing that may be an issue is that you can't find as many wheel choices with mini bearings.

I believe they also were to come with an extra set of standard bearings and spacers because some people aren't keen on micro-core.

i have the code 2. i paid $295. the code 1's go for $379. & the beemer's $199 here.

the only difference between the 1 & 2 is the boot. the differece between the beemer & the 2 is the chassis & wheels/bearings, but the same boot.

I'd just keep the code reds.  the only thing that may be an issue is that you can't find as many wheel choices with mini bearings.

maybe you guys can answer this for me. the spacers that came with the extra set of bearings don't look like any i've ever used. so i put spacers from my old missions on them when putting them on some non micro hub wheels for my outdoor skates. it seems ok. but am i really supposed to use the spacers that came wtih them?

It's not completely clear in the post, but I'm assuming that you have different skates for outdoor?

Spacers are matched to the skate's chassis and bolt, not to the bearings. (The only difference to worry about with spacers with regard to the bearings is whether they're for standard or micro hub.) Labeda frames use a floating spacer, where most other skates use a hat-type spacer (spacer sleeves through bearing) If you were to try the sleeve spacers on your tours, the bolt wouldn't fit. If you tried the floating spacer in your old skates, the bolt would be too loose.

The reason an additional set of spacers come with the extra set of 8mm bearings, the Mini bearing spacer won't work with standard 8mm bearings. The top hat spacer that come with the 8mm bearings is a self centering spacer. Can't tell you if the Mission spacers are same, but as long as you don't have any side movement on the wheel, you should be ok.

The reason we include an extra set of 8mm bearings, not all pro shops have Mini Bearing wheels. If you need to replace a wheel, and you don't have access to mini bearing wheels, you can use the 8mm bearings for any standard wheel. Some skaters prefer the Mini's, where as others don't like them. By including an extra set of bearings, it makes is easier for you to use the wheels of your choice.

ah, makes sense. so the reason i didn't need the spacers that came with the extra set of bearings is because i put them on my ccm skates. ok :)