Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman

tightening up gloves

I have a pair of gloves that are plenty long in the fingers, but have too much room. They slide of a little too easy. Has anyone tried altering their gloves so they are more snug? I am thinking about sewing the material together on one side of the fingers or sewing an elastic strip along each side of the fingers. I tried stuffing some material inside and under the liner, but that is too hot and feels really "klunky".

Any other ideas or experiences?

If you stitch the palm tighter to the glove the whole glove will become tighter. I would definately take them to a place that specializes in sewing though.

If you stitch the palm tighter to the glove the whole glove will become tighter. I would definately take them to a place that specializes in sewing though.

I agree. I tried the stitching method you mentioned and it only lasted a short period of time before the thread loosened and stretched. I went to my LHS and had them take the palm off and restitch it tighter.

I went to my LHS and had them take the palm off and restitch it tighter.

Good idea, I had not thought of that -----DUH!!!

Thanks