Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Datsyukiandeek

Keep inline boot or buy ice?

First post B) Anyway..

Currently ive got a pair of the Mission HE5550s. The boot is decent but as ive posted before I dislike the frame and the overall hi-lo setup. Ive also noticed that the skates seem to be really high up compared to my last pair. I would prefer a lower center of gravity, they just seem wobly.

Im 100% positive on getting a sprung chassis but im not sure if I should keep the Mission boots or go with ice boots.

I was thinking about getting a pair of Bauver Vapor XIVs or the XXX if the price difference isn't much.

I like the mission boots but even after a whole summers use they really don't feel broken in. Im not as much of a confident skater because my skates are unpredictable at best when turning and hockey stopping is out of the question.

New boot pros;

-Tighter fit

-Better quality

-They will last longer then mission boots, making my investment that much better.

New boot cons;

-Obviously, cost is #1, I can save $250 just using the pair I got with the new chassis.

-Turning a $200 pair of skates into backup skates that i'll probably rarely use.

Thoughts?