Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeypunk

Mission Warranty

So I just bought some HE7500's Receipt says 7/25. The problem is the receipt fails to mention a price anywhere on them. I bought them over the phone threw some sports store. All it says for payment is Paypal purchased.... Well anyways I have used them probably 4-5 times and my back wheel Developed a lot of resistance. So I put a old wheel with old bearings and spacers and it works for about 1 shift then it binds up. So I take the skate off and take a look and the wheel is rubbing the chassis. Tried the rink rat that came on it again and its ok so I stand on it and it rubs.... I only way 120-125 so Its not overly stressed. So i think my chassis is bent just enough to make it rub. So will mission cover this? My receipt is dated and everything but it doesnt say how much I spent. Will they find this fishy? Either way the league starts monday and it looks like im going back to my flyweights.

I have 5550s but the exact same problem. I dealt with the wheel rubbing problem and just played. Then I took a slapshot off of the chassis and it craked in two places.

You'll have to deal with the store that you bought from, not Mission directly. I bought from hockeymonkey.com, sent back my skates... 3 months later :angry: I got brand new HE5550s with the correct chassis.

Ended up with brand new boots, chassiss, rink rat wheels, spacers and ABEC 7 bearings. Spare parts FTW :lol:

Not a bad deal but don't expect a quick turn around.

That's a problem, yes, but I believe the wheel rubbing is not a result of you messing up the chassis, but Mission making the groove too narrow to fit normal wheels. It occured with the 950 last year, as it used those damn Factory Z-Rated.

I don't know though, if Datsyukiandeek got a corrected chassis, hey, why not give it a shot, right?

Thanks for the help guys. At first I thought it was just the wheel but it worked fine the 1st few pick-up sessions. And when I switched wheels I knew something else was wrong. Ill see what I can do.

Even the exact same model as the rink rats that came with the HE5550s wouldn't fit on the original chassis. Millenium Grippers and Rink Rat Hornets wheels had no shot either. For some reason the custom mission rink rats were perfectly shaped to fit into the chassis <_<

Maybe it was just cheaper to change the wheels instead of the chassis.

I lucked out, hockeymonkey didn't have my size when I sent them back for replacement so they had to get new skates from mission. They obviously caught the chassis error because ive heard many complaints about the same problem.

The new chassis was actually notched out alot more then it needed to be just to make sure there would be no problems.

Is this problem only covered under warranty for the 1st year or will Mission take care of it after that?

I have a pair of HE9500's that I've have for about 2 years and about a month ago the rear wheel on one skate started rubbing on the frame. I knew it wasn't the wheels because I had been using them for a few months before the problem started and they were fine. I could visibly see that one side of the frame was not in the correct position and also see where the wheel was rubbing.

Unfortunately, they are the only skates I have and I needed to use them, so I had to try and bend the frame back myself so that I could play (it is the back wheel, so it's not like I could just take it out). I got it straight enough so that the wheel would spin with no problem, but it only lasted 2 games before it started rubbing again. Fixing them the next time too about 1/2 an hour before I was able to get the wheel rolling, but by the end of my next game it was rubbing again.

So...does anyone think that Mission would be willing to correct this issue, or since I already tried to fix it myself am I S.O.L.?

Is this problem only covered under warranty for the 1st year or will Mission take care of it after that?

I have a pair of HE9500's that I've have for about 2 years...

how long do you expect them to cover your skates for?!

I have a pair of HE9500's that I've have for about 2 years...

how long do you expect them to cover your skates for?!

Oh, I don't know...when you spend $300+ on a pair of skates you'd expect that the workmanship of the skates would hold up for mare than a couple of years. I skated in a pair of Proto VSI's for 5 years and never had any problems with them. These were the skates that I bought to replace them amd I expected that I would get close to the same amount of use before the boots started breaking down...I didn't expect that I was going to have problems with the frames after 2 years.

Maybe you can afford to buy a new pair of skates every year and just toss the old ones away. I'm not that lucky. :rolleyes:

$70 will get you a brand new Vanguard next month, or you can get a Red Star E-Frame for $50 off of Hockeyworld if you want standard Hi-Lo. The warranty covers manufacturers defects, not wear and tear.