Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hooshockey77

Which Wheels

I'm playing in a roller league that plays on a sportcourt. Right now i have leabea grippers that say soft on them. Any suggestions on new wheels or should I keep them the same? I prefer not to pay over $5 a wheel. I'm 5-10 130.

If the grippers have n3ever been used outdoors before they should be fine. You could get quite a bit more grip out of a rink rat or other "dual pour" wheel. RR Hotshots go for about $7 a wheel, and are WELL worth it. I never though i'd be willing to pay over $5 a wheel until i got my RR MB816 (mini wheels) on sale, and now i'm willing to pay the full $10 they retail for. Quality wheels are the equivalent to a quality skate sharpening. (I saw that you just switched back from playing ice in your other thread)

The Rink Rat Hot Shots are probably the best wheel you'll find if you are willing to go to the 6-7 dollar range per wheel. Supposedly Hyper's new wheels compete with Rink Rat for performance and I believe they do have a price poitn wheel like the Hot Shot on Epuck right now. For 5 a wheel it does get a little tougher unless you can find better wheels on closeout to make room for new models