Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CVTodd

Tps XN10

With the XN10, if the blade is broken, is there a way to cut it, and put in one of the R2 blades? I know with the Synergy's people have cut the blade off, and chisled out the inside a little bit, and added a new blade in with some hot melt glue, but I was wondering if it is possible to do it with the XN10, and if anyone has done it before. Thanks.

Todd

Thats good to hear...I noticed on the stick, there is a line close to where the blade starts, and a little further up the shaft there is another indentation, do you cut it closer to the blade or on the indentation a little further up the shaft? I figure the second indentation further up the shaft is where it is no longer hollow. Either way, whenever it breaks, I would cut it closer to the blade, and if it's not enough, I'll cut it again...One more thing, did you have to chisle anything out, or did you just cut it, and heat it and put in a new blade? Thanks.

Todd

I cut just above where the blade was fused, which is why it was hollow. You could try and cut further down and chisel the tennon out, but I didn't have to and the performance of the shaft is supposed to be pretty good. I made it for a friend.

Right on...I just wanted to know, so when it does break, if on the blade i'd be able to replace the blade...Thanks for the info.

Todd

I'm not entirely sure of what you're asking here. Are you asking whether or not you can replace the broken blade?

Ah. I misinterpreted his last response as a question rather than a summary of some sort.