Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hunter4oz

soles:(

i just bought a pair of pure flys and i liked them at first, but now my feet hurt, because the arches are too high, my freind thunderhockey19 says he knows a way to heat them and tap them down,, and ill prlly do this ,but i was loking for some more ideas because i dont want to wreck the skate, thanks.

Are you kidding? The Mission soles are basically flat! I need to use my old CCM insoles because the arch is higher in them and need the support from them. Otherwise I can't skate for 5 minutes without my feet absolutely killing me.

the skates are the right size and he says the arch digs into his foot so i figured it was a result of being to high of an arch. i have flat feet so i had to pound down my arches of my grafs. the thing i worried about though is that there a carbon outsole can you still pound down carbon outsoles with out doing any structual damage like a regular sole? i wasnt sure of this.

Are skates have a really low arch...You can grind/pound them down a bit...You may want to try and trim a bit of the arch on the footbed. My feet are as flat as they come...I have zero arch...I trim my footbeds to accomodate for that.

Justin

well, could this pain be from them being too low ???because thats the only other thing i can think of

My pain was from being too low. Try putting the footbeds from your old skates into the Pure Fly's and see how that works out. Works great for me.

I have had the same problem with skates for years.... having a low arch...I used to take a second insole, and simply cut it off just ahead of the arch and insert it under the stock insole..this raises the front of your foot and helps flatten the arch. Also by trimming the arch on the original insert you can sometimes reduce this pressure. I would taper the bottom "half insert" so I did not have a "ridge" right where it ended.

these are some good ideas, i think i am gonna first try to use my old sole, and if then doesnt work, i might cut out the sole of my old footbed, and put it under the stock one

thanks again guys...