Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oggy_3

defensive forward

i need to know how to know all the important aspects of becoming a defensive forward(grinder really). i have been playing defence my whole life until about last year and i was the defencemen who went to play forward if we did not have enough/ all i really did was stand in front of the net, a train couldnt get me away no matter what. so Provincals come around and the coach puts me forward and i have one problem i have no clue really what to do other then on the powerplay and how to break out of the zone. this year i tryedout for midget aaa major asa defence and got caught at the end and i go to playing aaa minor again this year and the coach tells me he wants me as a forward, i have no problem with it. Once the seasons starts 2 games in he puts me back to D and laast month we had the coach/player meeting and i told him i felt more comfortable playing forward(less screws i found) so he puts me forward. when i am out there i basically get the puck get to half, dump and try to kill the other teams defencemen and on powerplays go to the net. I need to learn how to play a more defensive role(grinding forward), im not gona even bother trying to become offensive(hands and mind couldnt handle it) so any tips or websites you know would help alot thanks.