Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Datsyukiandeek

Wicked 1 Boot vs Ice Boot

In terms of durability which do you think would be better to go with? Top end Ice model(Not sure which one yet) or the Wicked 1 Boot. The stiffness intrigues me and the only problem ive had with Mission in the past was chassis' breaking. That won't be a none issue since i'll be using a sprung frame.

Price range from $400-$500

Thanks

i would try an ice boot.

you can get Mission S500 and L7 ice skates for $200 at a certain online retailer. (see here for reviews of the S500, really good reviews)

Online isn't really the way I want to go though. Ive never tried an ice boot on in my life and I would like to see all of my options. Im lucky enough to have three Perani's within driving distance so its not hard to try things on.

Ive saved little by little for six months for two pair of skates. I need a decent pair of inline and ice, well im gonna just start playing in a beer league so they don't have to be amazing. Ive got $1000 to spend between a pair of ice, inline and equipment for ice.

My problem with my last pair of inline skates was obviously the chassis breaking and the boot going soft within three months. Granted I play 5-6 times a week but they turned into butter. Ive heard stories of the last Wickeds Mission came out with.. um Wicked Lights? and it seems that some people are still using them five years later. Now im not looking for half a decades worth of skate but something that will last me a full season.

Thanks

an ice boot will more than likely have a shorter lifespan than an inline boot. they are designed a bit differently to perform and wear in different ways. I personally recommend the wicked 3 skate unless those few grams in weight difference and the colorways are the big seller for you on the wicked 1. Since you're on a slightly limited budget, the difference between 380 and 500 could mean upgrading some other gear, and the wicked 3 as well as 1 are very high quality and should last you just fine. Either will be painful to break in, but again saving a bit of money to put into ice skates could make a huge difference.

To me the order of importance is with the boot, then the chassis. If the boot is comfy then I can skate on crappy wheels/chassis, ive been playing on two broken chassis for three months. But the boots have gone soft and I roll my ankles now. I'll have to take a look at the Wicked 3s, they may be right up my alley.

With that price range I would check out the top end Mission Fuel series ice skates, two of my friends have converted the top end boots (one has the agility and the other has the power.) They both like their decisions alot, maybe you will too...