Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman

Curve suggestions

My son has decided he wants to pick a new curve. We need a junior curve and the pattern DB, as far as I can tell, has adult patterns. I have seen differences in adult and junior curves with the same name on them, so I do not believe they are the same all the way around.

So, what I am looking for is a LONG blade with a toe curve and a low (5-ish)lie. I do not particularly want to get into tapered unless that is the only way to get what we need. If there is such a beast as a low kick non-tapered blade that would be ideal. By long, I mean the rule book says 12.5 inches is the limit, so anything up to that. I am not necessarily looking to start a discussion on what is the best curve, nor on the merits of long vs short blades, as that has been done before.

He has no trouble getting the puck up, so an open face is not a requirement. In fact, a closed face would probably be better. A 1/2" curve is probably too much, maybe a 3/8" or if anyone makes a 1/4" that could be good in a toe curve.

Thanks for your help.