Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CThockey11

NBH Accel Lite vs. NBH XR

if you're deadset on Bauer, get an ice boot and mount a chassis on it. For the roller lines NBH is using low end ice boots with a hi-lo chassis that has a smaller wheel on the back. Find a quality chassis and a mid end ice boot and you'll be fine. Or buy Mission or Tour and get a good inline out of the box.

do roller chasis go on boots just like the tuuk?

so you know how that actually works???

Yes they can. The holes aren't the same so new holes will have to be drilled and you'll need an epoxy to cover up the holes left from the ice holder screws. Your LHS should be able to do it unless you're the toolman type to undertake such things yourself.

there's no need to fill in the holes unless you don't like how it looks... well unless you drill too many holes... just one extra set wont make a structural impact... and as long as the mounts on the frame fit on the sole of the boot, you can make it work...

i would definitely stay away from any nbh inline product. not only is it low end product, it's overpriced low end product. you can get a mission or tour boot that is twice as good with better hardware for the same price.

i had a pair of cheap Bauer Vapor squareds (the PIAS edition) and took the holder of and mounted the chassis from my Mission D3. Worked great, just got to small for me. I got a pair of NB XR Lites for christmas and i like them alot. only thing i don't like is the wheels that came with them. wore down quicker than past wheels i've skated on and didn't ever perform as well as past (last set was rink rat hornets).

so to answer your question, i like my XR Lites, but if you had the option to use a NB ice boot with a chassis for the same price/close price as them (mine were $175), i'd say do that.