Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mdamson

Hockey East Playoffs Suggestions

I am going to be out east on business, and may have the opportunity to drive up to Boston on Thursday. I see that the first games of the Hockey East playoffs are on that day. It would be a great opportunity to catch a college game. I have a choice between Vermont at Boston University, or Northeastern at Boston College. The question is which one is bound to be a better game to watch in person.

Mike D.

The new BU rink, Agganis is a much nicer facility than Conte Forum at BC. There are no bad seats at Agganis--the seating is steep, so you are close to the ice. Agganis also serves beer, but Conte does not. Finally, Vermont is a higher seed than NU. I went to the one Beanpot school that is not not part of this discussion, so I am an unbiased observer of the BU/BC rivalry.

BU/Vermont definetly...in my opinion i think BU is the best of all the teams then Vermont and BC are pretty close...Also one of the best kids in all hockey east plays for Vermont

edit:And yeah Agganis Arena is unbelievable there is some stuff you can look at inside the rink if you wanna get there a little early such as there hall of fame, there championship teams and other things. Also as mdamson said there is no bad seat in the arena and if ur trying to get tickets get section 120 right next to the good side of the fans and the best view

Fuck em up fuck em up bc sucks!

Agreed on all fronts. Though BC finished second in Hockey East and Northeastern has pulled off some great wins this year, BU and Agganis is the game to see. And if Vermont shows up, it will be a great contest.

Thanks for the advice fellas. Good game to go watch. Was a little disappointed with the BU home fans. Seemed to be very lackluster support, as only about half to three quarters of the stadium had filled seats and the ones that did show up weren't very vocal. Vermont really came to play for sure. Liked their quick breakouts and relentless forechecking. Lenes and Strong really played well. Had a great time.

Thanks,

Mike D.