Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick

Need opinions about the Mission Wicked 7?

I know posts have been made about the Mission Wicked line of skates mostly the 1's and 3's but I was wondering about the 7's. My son has a birthday coming up next month and even though we just made him a new pair of skates for Christmas, CCM 325 Tacks with TUUK Rocker chassis, he will need new skates soon. The Tacks are ok and he really likes the rocker frame but they just fit him now and won't fit much longer. He skates a bunch in the summer and I was thinking about getting him some higher end skates. I realize $200.00 skates aren't real high end but he will be 12 and he is growing fast so $300.00- $400.00 dollar skates are out of the question.

What I noticed in the ads was that the Wicked 7 has a 7000 series extruded chassis, ABEC 9 bearings and Rink Rat wheels and other brands around the same price have a 6000 series chassis and lower rated bearings. Looks like a heck of a deal for $200.00. Let me know what you guys that have experience with Mission skates think. Any advise would be welcomed.

Thanks

Rick Henry

Sorry for the double post guys......I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Rick Henry

I agree with the poster above. If you can get last years top of the line for your budhet I would recommend that as opposed to this years lowest model skate. While the Wicked 7 is a great skate if they do have your size I would go 10k.

Thanks guys, I keep looking at the different web pages and I have looked at last years Missions and Tours but in Mission I believe he would need at least an 8 1/2 or even a 9. He is a pretty big kid for his age.

Thanks Rick