Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

43%burnt

oakley visor on itech hc100

i just got a hc100 helmet and i need i new visor. has anyone had any issues putting an oakley visor on an itech helmet?

also, do oakley shields really need that cleaner they sell with it? or can i just keep using water and a soft cloth? and does anyone know how much longer this model is compared to the others?:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/oakmodified.html

Im running that combo myself, other then the fact that holes in itech dont exactly line up perfectly its great. You need the special cleaning/antifog stuff for the oakleys. On that note, you should check out the itech half shields, next time I need a new shield Im switching to those.

I have 2 different Itech shields and neither one of them has a fogging problem and I use no solution to keep it fog free. I have worn both O and Itech shields and I prefer the Itech. My old Oakley shield always fogged up...

i was thinking about the itechs but i'd prefer a straight cut. and their straight cut seems short to me. that's why i was looking at the extra long oakley one. what's in the oakley cleaner stuff that makes it so good?

The cleaner is some kind of alchohol based solution it seems and has an anti-fog chemical in it. The thing with the Oakley shield is that they have a coating on them and if you let sweat dry on it, it will dissolve away that coating and the shield will start to scratch up when you breathe too heavy. They're great shields IMO but very high maintenace. The Itechs on the other hand... they're not quite so optically "correct" but they're much more durable. Both will last quite a long time if you're dillegent about wiping them down with a solution after every use but for the money, I would buy the Itech, I doubt you'd be dissapointed. I would also definitely use a solution to clean either one. When I didn't I went through a shield in a couple months... when I did, it lasted me over a year.