Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cunndies

Vector 8.0 or 6.0

Hey guys,

I posted a while ago asking about skates (for my fairly wide feet!), and I went and tried some out in the shop today. The CCM Vectors fitted me just perfectly, so that's what I'm going to go for. My question is this...what differences are there between the 6.0 and 8.0 skates? I've read what CCM say about them, but I was looking for people's experiences with them.

I play inline in the UK, decent standard, 2/3 times a week. I'm looking for a skate that'll perform well and will last a while. I can afford to get the 8.0s, but if it's not worth it I could save some cash...thoughts?

Thanks!

I have no personal experience but a guy that played in the league I played in has the 6.0's. When I first saw them I thought that they were the 10.0's so I was asking him about them and he told me that they were what he called the middle of the line skate. He originally had a pair of the 8.0's (the blue ones) and loved them. He said the 8.0's were great but he had left them in his bag while his son was playing and when he got home someone had stolen them. He said that he really couldn't afford another pair of the 8.0's so he got the 6.0's to save a little money. He said the 6.0's were good skates but he wished he would have gotten another pair of the 8.0's. He said they just looked better and the boot was more comfortable out of the box.

Hope this helps.

Rick Henry

I purchased the 10's approx. 1.5 years ago. they are holding out well. I play 1/2 times per week. I tried on the 8's and the 10's and decided on the 10's. Pretty stiff boot, comfy out of the box, took a short period to adjust to the tri-di vs. the hi-low setup. The only thing I was not that impressed with is the bearing's. I did switch them out to the swiss micro bearing. they also came with the blue flames which were ok.. I like the mb 816's a little better... good luck...

I purchased the 10's approx. 1.5 years ago. they are holding out well. I play 1/2 times per week. I tried on the 8's and the 10's and decided on the 10's. Pretty stiff boot, comfy out of the box, took a short period to adjust to the tri-di vs. the hi-low setup. The only thing I was not that impressed with is the bearing's. I did switch them out to the swiss micro bearing. they also came with the blue flames which were ok.. I like the mb 816's a little better... good luck...

sorry for double post

sorry for double post

sorry dude-I was evaluating the pf10's. Not this year's model. My bad.. :D