Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FelixPotvin

Wheel setup and balance question

Hey,

So Im about to start my roller season and one thing Ive noticed from going out on my blades to skate around is that when I do backwards crossovers with any kind of speed, it almost feels like Im going to fall fowards and Im very much on my toes.

This isnt a problem I have with my iceskates so Im wondering if maybe its the way my blades are setup?

Im on Nike Quest 1s with a HiLo chassis (72-72-80-80 Redstar Snipers) and Im wondering if maybe there was something I could do with the wheels to make this go away?

Is this something I can adjust with the equipment or is it just a matter of getting used to it?

Thanks

You should be able to get used to it with some time. You may be able to have a small lift installed in the front part of the boot to give a more neutral pitch to the skate. I wouldn't recommend messing with wheel sizes too much, as using anything other than 72-80 (or 68-76) will result in not having all 4 wheels on the floor at the same time. You could try to find some 78mm wheels for the last wheel, but it may not do much for you.

I have the opposite problem, as my ice skates are missions with a +1 setting on the pitch holder, and my inlines are tour beemers. The Missions are on my toes and the Tours are on my heels. It usually takes me about 5 minutes to get used to being back on my heels on the tours. My boots are pretty much trashed now, so I'll be mounting the Hum'er frame on another pair of boots with a heel lift installed.