Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bruins4777

Mission D-Limited?

I heard some people talking about how these are supposedly the best skates ever, but went for just a ridiculous price? Can somebody offer me a better story on them.

They were a limited edition skate, similar to the D1s made in '03 I believe. I don;'t know all of the specs, but each pair of skates was numbered. There were something like 500 pairs produced.

I own 2 pairs. There have been many people claiming they were the best, but that is B.S.!!!

They were ok. The boot fit and feel was very similar to the Pure Fly ice boot. However, it broke down quite quick. The chassis was good. The weight was I believe slightly lighter than the D1C's. I really like a supple fit boot, with soft ankles for lots of flex so I didn't mind them breaking down so much, but my Type "M"'s have out lasted them 8 to 1. My Type "M"'s are still going, and have been use for 4 years on 1 pair. The "D" limited's have only gone for 2 years rotating 2 pairs and are both broke down severely. So now I only use them in lower leagues and to ref in, as they are so broke down they are quite comfortable and manueverable, but no support for speed. I were my 4 year old Type "M"'s in A league games.

The Proto VSI w/ carbon fiber chassis is similar in weight to the "D" Limited. I own 2 pairs of those also and they to are still going strong. A little ankle break down but not bad. I have not worn the VSI's as much as the others but they are over 5 years old and still good.

Bottom line IMO is the "D" limited's were way over priced, over hyped, average skates. They are better than the D and D1 series skates but not better enough to be worth any extra money. I now have a pair of 10K's and they are by far the lightest skates, even without the carbon wheels, as I changed those out for rivisions before I weighed them.

I have heard very reputable people hale the "D" Limited's as the greatest, and I don't believe Mission even made some of the claims these same persons have made, but either way it does not matter cause they are all bogus. They were good skates when new, not great, and not very good after a fair amount of use. So for the money they were the worst investment in skates I've ever made. I do believe I've been very fair as I gave them 2 shots to prove themselves to me. I payed more for each pair than I have ever paid for any other skates, and they combined lasted the least.

I hope that helps.

So far I really love the 10K's, so I'll let you know in 2 years if they last, but new they are great. I am not thrilled with the Rivisions so far though, I think I'll stick with Rink Rat's Hornets...

While I don't have any info on the D-Limited, I did have a pair of D1C's that broke down pretty fast. The boot was very soft, the tendon guard tore off after a few games, and the chassis got bent on a slapshot (and mind you we don't shoot all that hard over here).