Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick

"99" Easton Z-Air boot.....

Guys I know people have posted pics of this boot converted to inline but does anyone really have any good info on this boot as far as quality, fit, comfort, ect. I have skated in CCM Tacks for years but I really like the looks of the "99" Z-Air boot and for $50.00 bucks at Hockey World its hard to resist especially since its a virgin boot with no holes in the outsole. My understanding is that in 1999 it was Easton's top of the line skate so I was wondering if anyone might have some insight. Is it worth messing with?

Thanks

Rick Henry

I currently use that boot for my inline set up. The boot is very comfortable, the fall back with that skate was the holder that came stock on it. The boot is a little on the heavy side, but one of the most comfortable I have owned.

I'd long ago have grabbed a pair, if they didn't effectively double the price to ship across the border...

Guys the Z-Air boots came today and all I can say is WOW....I have always worn a 10 in a CCM Tack although if I had ever been properly fit by an expert I would probably wear a 9 1/2. I don't like to buy skates without trying them on first and that is one of the reasons I have always stuck with Tacks but when I called Hockey World I lucked out and talked to a sales person that told me that he also wears a size 10 in Tacks. He told me that the size 10 Z-Airs were just slightly too small for him and he would have to go with the 10 1/2 if he were to buy the Z-Airs. So after explaining my situation he suggested that I try the 10 D and man this boot feels perfect. My toes touched the toe cap until I kicked my heel back and laced up the boots and then, with the boot laced tight, if I stretched my toes forward I could barely touch the toe cap. I think this is how a hockey skate is actually supposed to fit and man are these things built nice, super quality and stiff. Now I just have to decide what chassis to go with. For $49.00 bucks at Hockey World I really don't think you can go wrong.

Rick Henry

i got mine to convert to sprungs. but they're like fucking boats on my feet. atleast for someone 145lbs like me, its awful compared to my tour's. so i don't even use sprungs anymore because of it. & they really weren't the most comfortable thing.