Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nexusrage21

Need help with Skate Choice

Basically, I need help finding skates that will be good for me. Unfortunately, my foor size is a 15-15.5, so it is very difficult. I was wearing reebok 6k's size 13E. and they were pretty good, but the boot broke down too much on me causing my foot to slip out a bit, (This is the best way for me to describe what happened: my skates were sometimes almost flat to the ground when I skated. Extreme suppination) this is killing my performance in league games, so I want to find new skates.

I know that the best answer would be for me to go to a local shop and try skates on, but unfortately none of the shops around here carry size 13's, even 12's are few and far between. I was hoping maybe I could give a little bit of a decription and people might be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance

Here we go:

6'3"

220lb

foot is flat and wide.

I was told that tour skates might be good for my feet, can anyone give a second opinion on this? They seem to be priced in my range so that would be good.

You will be in trouble with the width I think, alot of the larger skates that I have seen aren't made as wide (12EE is the biggest I found) also, you need to get yourself some orthotics, this will automatically lift your arches, and improve your skating* they will feel weird for a little while, but you will notice the difference. You may also want to look at a frame that holds a larger wheelset, like the HUMER, to give you a bit more clearance.

*you should get a 2 pairs made for you by a podiatrist, one for normal shoes, one for your skates.