Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollerskater92

What will have more durability?

Will an ice boot like the vapor 22, supreme 30, or a vector 120 zg or 110 zg mounted on a roller chassis have more durability than the code 1, code red, rbk 5k, rbk 6k pumps,vector 8, or the pf8 roller skates?

Depends on what you play...Roller hockey skates usually are made with the idea that they might come in contact with the playing surface and whatever it might be they should be resistant to wearing on it. These places are usually the side of the foot where on almost all roller hockey skates you will see plastic inserts which protect that area from taking too much beating. However ice skates do not need this because they are designed with the idea that ice will not tear the material so adding these protective inserts is a waste of material.

That being said, my current skates are Easton 800c's with E frames on them and I play 60% of the time outdoors. The way I protect my skates is by putting a small layer of Epoxy on the places that potentially could come in contact with the ground and this way the Epoxy coating takes the beating not the graphite boot. I re-apply as needed.

Good luck.

i would be using these skates for indoor on sport court. i just want to know if the boot will break down faster with an ice or roller boot and which skate is built better and wont have the liner rip.

Roller boots are engineered for the extra abuse they take from surfaces, but you shouldn't have a problem using an ice boot on sportcourt. Sportcourt is usually kind to gear, so either ice or roller boots should do the trick just fine. The nice thing about that is that you can find the right boot for your foot-whether it be an ice boot or a roller boot- and use that without worry of tearing the boot to shreds. Both Ice and Roller boots on the high end are well-constructed in general.

When talking about durability of the liner, it varies from boot to boot, so do some research on boots you're interested in that seem like they'd fit your foot (Loads of info on this board). Then go into your LHS with those skates in mind and see what fits your foot and feels best.

Roller boots are engineered for the extra abuse they take from surfaces, but you shouldn't have a problem using an ice boot on sportcourt. Sportcourt is usually kind to gear, so either ice or roller boots should do the trick just fine. The nice thing about that is that you can find the right boot for your foot-whether it be an ice boot or a roller boot- and use that without worry of tearing the boot to shreds. Both Ice and Roller boots on the high end are well-constructed in general.

When talking about durability of the liner, it varies from boot to boot, so do some research on boots you're interested in that seem like they'd fit your foot (Loads of info on this board). Then go into your LHS with those skates in mind and see what fits your foot and feels best.

so the durability on ice and roller boots should be about the same? and will the stiffness be about the same on roller and ice boots assuming that they are the same price range?