Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nsabino

Glueing insoles

Hi, I know that this is gonna seem like a dumb topic but the question I have is the following:

If you cut your insoles too short and they move back and forth is it o.k. to stick them to the boot with double sided adhesive? Should they be placed against the heel or toe portion of the boot? I cut mine a tad too short, so I believe, they move slightly back and forth inside the boot.

Thanks,

Nelson

double sided tape, to the rear... that's what I would do. Not sure if you can find double sided taped velcro, that might work since you would want to remove the footbeds to air them out.

Definately to the rear of the boot. The most important thing in hockey skates is your ability to lock in your heel....which includes the proper placement of the heel pocket in your insoles. Worse comes to worse....go with a Shock Doctor insole which personally....I swear by. B)

I would just get yourself a new pair. how short did you cut them?

Thanks for everyones input. I didn't cut them too short but the insole does move slightly in the boot. I've alreadready put the adhesive and later today I'm gonna give them a shot.

Regards to everyone,

Nelson

Hi, I know that this is gonna seem like a dumb topic but the question I have is the following:

If you cut your insoles too short and they move back and forth is it o.k. to stick them to the boot with double sided adhesive? Should they be placed against the heel or toe portion of the boot? I cut mine a tad too short, so I believe, they move slightly back and forth inside the boot.

Thanks,

Nelson

Why would you specifically say that you did cut them too short, then argue that you didn't.

A little play in the foot bed is not a big deal. If it bothers you, I would definitely replace them. As stated above, any adhesive will inhibit your ability to remove them to air them out, which is a lot more important. Not airing them out will shorten the life of you skate, at minimum increase the necessity for costly maintainance, not to mention increasing the propensity for bacteria growth. Both are much more costly than a new set of footbeds.

Don't cut the new ones too short...oh wait, you didn't cut them too short... :huh:

Thanks,

Nelson

Why would you specifically say that you did cut them too short, then argue that you didn't.

A little play in the foot bed is not a big deal. If it bothers you, I would definitely replace them. As stated above, any adhesive will inhibit your ability to remove them to air them out, which is a lot more important. Not airing them out will shorten the life of you skate, at minimum increase the necessity for costly maintainance, not to mention increasing the propensity for bacteria growth. Both are much more costly than a new set of footbeds.

Don't cut the new ones too short...oh wait, you didn't cut them too short... :huh:

Whatever... I did cut them too short, I just don't know where you didn't get that.... I placed adhesive velcro circles, you circunference shaped pieces of velcro.. and they're fine... Thanks for your help. HockeyDoc?????

Thanks for everyones input. I didn't cut them too short but the insole does move slightly in the boot. I've alreadready put the adhesive and later today I'm gonna give them a shot.

Regards to everyone,

Nelson

from here

I'm telling you.....as opposed to your afro-american engineering with the velcro, just get a new set of Shock Doctor insoles. You will be FAR happier than with your current setup.

I'm telling you.....as opposed to your afro-american engineering with the velcro, just get a new set of Shock Doctor insoles. You will be FAR happier than with your current setup.

???

Thanks again Spreed, I'm gonna give the shock doctors a shot. I've used Superfeet in the past and I tried to adjust an already used pair to my new skates but I trimmed a little too much. I only did this because the footbeds were only a couple of months old and in pretty good condition. I guess I'll just put in the original footbeds and wait for the shock doctors.

Regards,

Nelson

Regards to everyone,

Nelson

from here

oops... sorry