Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diggy27

ccm 08 inlines

we'll if they're just the same that means they're just as bad. i hated the fit of my 4.0's and when i tried on the 6.0's they were just as bad. it would suck to only be able to get a comfortable/stiff boot for $300 with the v8.0's if they're any better

we'll if they're just the same that means they're just as bad. i hated the fit of my 4.0's and when i tried on the 6.0's they were just as bad. it would suck to only be able to get a comfortable/stiff boot for $300 with the v8.0's if they're any better

I agree about the inline 4.0 and 6.0 boots. I just bought the 6.0 SE ice skates and had my RBK chassis mounted on them. What a huge difference. Total cost was $200 and these are significantly better than most of their inline boots.

Trinity.jpg

I have a buddy who bought a pair of the 8.0's (the blue ones) and he liked them but they were stolen so he bought a pair of the 6.0's and he says that they kill his feet. Same size skate but one pair was fine and the others turned out to be duds for him. It kind of reminds me of the Bauer H-9 Pro's I bought in the early 90's. They looked cool but man were they ever uncomfortable. Houls, your skates look great. I am convinced that converted ice boots is the way to go.

Rick Henry

I agree about the inline 4.0 and 6.0 boots. I just bought the 6.0 SE ice skates and had my RBK chassis mounted on them. What a huge difference. Total cost was $200 and these are significantly better than most of their inline boots.

thats odd, from the looks of your skates the inline and ice Vector's look exactly the same minus the plastic guard on the side of the toe on the inline skates. the SE's just come with the yellow laces right?

my teammate has the Vector 8's and loves them, although im hesitant to venture that they're THAT much different from the lower ones since they're all shaped the same. my 4.0's gave me 0.0 support and were very flimsy. i had to over tighten them and thus would get numbness. thank god i got my Wicked 5's...haven't had as much as a blister.

thats odd, from the looks of your skates the inline and ice Vector's look exactly the same minus the plastic guard on the side of the toe on the inline skates. the SE's just come with the yellow laces right?

my teammate has the Vector 8's and loves them, although im hesitant to venture that they're THAT much different from the lower ones since they're all shaped the same. my 4.0's gave me 0.0 support and were very flimsy. i had to over tighten them and thus would get numbness. thank god i got my Wicked 5's...haven't had as much as a blister.

The level of support is night and day compared to the inline boots. They may look similiar, but that is it. That 6.0 skate has awesome stiffness and the fit is unreal. After 2 skates they fit like a glove. No pain at all. Even on the first skate they were just a little stiff in the front flex area. I have about 4 hours on them now and they are perfect. Ice boots are the way to go.

Did you guys get the same sized skate for both the ice and inline versions? Does the fit of both feel about the same? I have the old PF6 inlines and they feel quite good except for the rubbing on the sides of the toes.

i tried the v6.0 SE's at my LHS and still thought they felt terrible on my feet and still bended at the same place as my 4.0 roller's. in the Vector's defense im 205lbs. so i need a pretty stiff boot. guess you can't get that till the 8.0's maybe...

i tried the v6.0 SE's at my LHS and still thought they felt terrible on my feet and still bended at the same place as my 4.0 roller's. in the Vector's defense im 205lbs. so i need a pretty stiff boot. guess you can't get that till the 8.0's maybe...

I'm 6'3 205lbs. just goes to show you how everyone is different. The 6.0SE is great for me but maybe not you guys, I'm sure with a little trial and error you'll find the right skate for your feet. Good Luck!

I'm 6'3 205lbs. just goes to show you how everyone is different. The 6.0SE is great for me but maybe not you guys, I'm sure with a little trial and error you'll find the right skate for your feet. Good Luck!

got the boot that fits me best...in my sig.

im really surprised the 6.0 doesn't flex at the laces improperly for you. mine tended to buckle, but it was an inferior quarter panel on the 4.0's.

not sure why they would make the ice 6 and roller 6 different. it would seem the ice 6 has metal mesh QP and the roller has a fine diamond embossed??? i would think all they'd want to change is the chassis and little bit different toe cap.

These are the boot features of the 6.0 inline and the 6.0 SE ice boot. Seems the ice boot has the more advanced features. This is a good thread, I like the Ice to Inline comparisons on the boots.

6.0 Inline:

CCM's Pro Comfort V-Fit™ boot design features:

Snug fit in the heel with ample room for the forefoot-no pressure points

The toe cap was shorten to optimize forefoot wrap and comfort

Scalloped tendon guard maximizes stide extension and support wings provide bio-feedback when turning and stopping

V-SkateLock-lace lock system

Holds the lace tension

Customize support to suit the player's skating style with independent tightening of the top 3 eyelets

Fine black diamond quarters with embossed side guards

Lightweight anatomical ankle support

Silver Exoskeleton Support System-External wrapping support

Molded anatomical ankle support ensures required lateral support

Foam felt tongue with lace bite guard

Soft Nylex™ liner

Air Exchange System™-ventilation on the front and side of the toe cap

Drier feet means better fitting skates

6.0 SE Ice:

CCM Vector's popular Exo-Skel™ technology:

Added external stiffners (Chrome section surrounding the ankle)

Designs adds stiffnes all while reducing the weight of the boot

Pro Agility™ Bands(Chrome U-shaped designs on the side of the boot) - Increase stiffness and improve responsiness of the boot

Lightweight metal mesh quarter panels significantly increase durability

Pro molded anatomical ankle support

Pro Comfort ankle foam pads minimize break-in

Anatomical felt tongue features lightweight high density molded foam saddle lace-bit guard that delivers reliable comfort and forward flex Ultima Dry™ liner - Moisture wicking liner SkateLock™ - Metal ring eyelet locks and holds tension on lace

Personalized Number on the heel of the skate - Just mark in the white lines to create your player number

Low profile overmolded outsole - Ensures solid boot interface and delivers on durability

The level of support is night and day compared to the inline boots. They may look similiar, but that is it. That 6.0 skate has awesome stiffness and the fit is unreal. After 2 skates they fit like a glove. No pain at all. Even on the first skate they were just a little stiff in the front flex area. I have about 4 hours on them now and they are perfect. Ice boots are the way to go.

Are you saying that there is a lot of difference in inline boots and ice boot? If you are then you have no idea what you are talking about. You are probably an ice snob that looks down on roller hockey. There is very little difference in skates from ice to roller, except the obvious of course.

I meant to wrap that quote. soory

Are you saying that there is a lot of difference in inline boots and ice boot? If you are then you have no idea what you are talking about. You are probably an ice snob that looks down on roller hockey. There is very little difference in skates from ice to roller, except the obvious of course.

I don't even play ice hockey anymore you jackass. I ONLY play roller hockey. My comments were based on the skates I own or have owned(RBK 6K Pump inline, CCM Vector 4.0 inline)I also tried on the CCM 6.0 inline before I decided to buy the ice boot and convert it. Maybe you didn't notice that I also posted the specs of both boots highlighting some of the differences between the two. Maybe next time you should do a little homework before you look like a complete retard.

yeah my 5k pump ice boots are FAR superior to my 6k pump roller boots. Like someone already mentioned, there is more money in the chassis in a roller setup then the blade/holder in an ice setup. So an equivalently priced setup, the ice will tend to have the superior boot.