Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

Ballistik Goal Stick

Just curious on any feedback of this stick yet. I've read some pretty good things about it, and most people were impressed with the weight (or lack thereof) But for ~$390 how has the durability been holding up with such a light goal stick?

http://www.ballistikhockey.com/products/item.aspx?id=85

(link for those who haven't seen it)

$390? You need to find a better currency conversion program. The stick lists for $300.00 CA.

It's a very good stick. I've been playing with comps for 5 or 6 years and far prefer them to wood or foam core but you have to be willing to foot the bill and understand that more money does not mean more durability. While I have had good luck with most of the comps that I have played with that isn't the key reason to go with a comp stick. Consistency is, both stick to stick and during the life of a given stick.

::m

Yeah, I was told the price by someone else, they Might have said 295..anyhoo, at any price, I'm not keen on Comp Goalie sticks...I'll take a foam core or a pro-stock woodie any day. Currently using Dunham (ATL) pro and Hnlicka (sp?) (ATL) Christians. Love them both, but I like the Dunham more cuz it's a 27". PLUS I can get them on the Barter system.

i bought a vapor XXX goal stick, lasted me a week then it broke. i dont think that it is worth the money, but they are sweet to use because they are soo light

If it only lasted you a week then at least you could get it replaced under warranty.

Composite goal sticks aren't for everyone, at least not presently. I personally have an affinity for them but that, no doubt, stems for the amount of time I spent testing and developing a pair.

::m