Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w1zard

Affordable Pads

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with or heard anything about some of the cheaper models of pads available. I'm looking to replace my velos that I purchased used and have out grown. I would like to spend somewhere around $600-$750 on new pads and the pads need to be quality enough for a college club level of play. Or should I just save up for higher end pads?

You are always better off buying used pro-grade gear than cheap new gear: it'll last longer, play better, and hold its resale value far more.

For $725, you can get into Smith SP3000s, if you're dead set on buying new. They'll play very similar to your Velocities, since they're made by the guy who designed the Velos for Vaughn. Great pads for the money.

i tried on the rbk like 7ks back in the day. i decided to go to smith and get their pads, i am so glad that i did that. I am not saying that you have to get smiths but i am happy i did. I think that it is deffinatly worth spending the extra money to get pro level pads.