Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey5597

CCM Vector 6.0

I played roller when i was younger but then moved to ice hockey and now I am getting back into roller with a possibility of doing state wars.

I am looking into getting a skate in the vector line. What do you guys think of the vector 6.0 skate and would it be worth the extra money to get the 8.0 also how dose the stiffness of the 2 boots compare.

I played roller when i was younger but then moved to ice hockey and now I am getting back into roller with a possibility of doing state wars.

I am looking into getting a skate in the vector line. What do you guys think of the vector 6.0 skate and would it be worth the extra money to get the 8.0 also how dose the stiffness of the 2 boots compare.

I have the 6.0's. They are not super stiff, but for me that's fine since I only weigh about 150 lbs. There was no uncomfortable break in period for me when I got these. I've had them for about 3 months. They replaced a 7 year old pair of Mission proto VSi. I can't really say much about the 8.0's since I've never tried them on.

Overall I'd say I am satisfied with them.

i have 2 friends that have the '07 Vectors. 1 has the 6.0's and 1 the 8.0's. The 6.0's seem "ok" but not very stiff and if you are over 150 or so you may bend the quarter panels as i've seen with the 6.0's on my buddy.

the 8.0's seem to have the biggest leap in quality in the line compared to the 2.0-6.0's. the quarter panels seem to be much beefier. my friend with them loves them.

I had the 4.0's and they killed my feet. the quarter panels bent all over the place. and i was over tightening the skate to make up for all the bending. being 200lbs i need a pretty stiff skate. my Wicked 5's are perfect.

i have 2 friends that have the '07 Vectors. 1 has the 6.0's and 1 the 8.0's. The 6.0's seem "ok" but not very stiff and if you are over 150 or so you may bend the quarter panels as i've seen with the 6.0's on my buddy.

the 8.0's seem to have the biggest leap in quality in the line compared to the 2.0-6.0's. the quarter panels seem to be much beefier. my friend with them loves them.

I had the 4.0's and they killed my feet. the quarter panels bent all over the place. and i was over tightening the skate to make up for all the bending. being 200lbs i need a pretty stiff skate. my Wicked 5's are perfect.

Great reply because I was wondering what the quality differences were from the 6.0 to 8.0 and also 8.0 to the 10.0s were. I have PF4s right now which I assume would be equal to the 4.0s. I weigh around 215 or 220 right now so I think I could really use a stiffer boot. I do notice a lot of times I'm really wrenching on the laces trying to get more stability. Half the time I go too far and cramp my foot. I'm dieting right now and I plan to get down to 210 or 205 if I can squeeze it out but I still think I could benefit from a stiffer boot.

I just picked up a pair of used Vector's from PIG, tried them on and felt great but wasn't till I got them home and went to change wheels I noticed that every single bolt on both skates have been stripped. My question is the one side has like a flower head shape to it, can I find those somewhere or can I use another bolt because it's going to have to be drilled out.

I use the 10.0's. I am 185lbs and they are not the stiffest skates. At you weight I would not get the 6.0's. Look around for 8.0 or even better 10.0's you should be able to find them quite cheap as they are a couple years old now.

I just picked up a pair of used Vector's from PIG, tried them on and felt great but wasn't till I got them home and went to change wheels I noticed that every single bolt on both skates have been stripped. My question is the one side has like a flower head shape to it, can I find those somewhere or can I use another bolt because it's going to have to be drilled out.

this should be what you're looking for

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/CCM__Reebok_2_Piece_Axle_Hockey_Wheel_Axle_Kit/descpage-CRA.html

I didn't even think about it until after I posted but I went to my LHS and they were able to grind off the stripped bolts and they had a spare set to replace them with.

Played my first game in the vector's yesterday and absolutely loved them.