Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penguinsfanatic

Shoulder Pads?

Any of the minnimalist/classic styles are what you would be looking for.

I personally use the Easton Classic's....and love them. Lace up sternum, minnimal foams with no plastic inserts on the chest/black, and thin profiled shoulder caps.

If you are getting shoulder protection for roller hockey I would recommend getting some of the padded shirts, such as the Mission Thorax or Tour Code 1. http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/HocPGShoulder.html. These should provide plenty of protection for inline.

Also, keep in mind that many players choose not to wear shoulder pads at all in roller hockey, unless it is a checking league of course.

I saw the Itech SP50's and was thinking about those....I hurt my labrum my sophomore year in high school and sometimes just playing and banging up the boards really bangs my shoulders up, and i was looking to get some input on some minimalist protection.....and maybe if i ever got into a checking league they'd still be good enough there

haha I'm not too worried about it, it's just that i want just a minimal protection for my shoulders cause i tend to bang them up and I have had previous shoulder injuries and just don't want to have to worry about them

haha I'm not too worried about it, it's just that i want just a minimal protection for my shoulders cause i tend to bang them up and I have had previous shoulder injuries and just don't want to have to worry about them

Understandable...I look through the closeout section of most any hockey site and find a cheap pair...You wont need as much protection on the floor as on the ice and cheaper sets of pads have less padding...