Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SickBoy

New girdle, fit question

I've played ice for years, but I haven't been playing organized roller for too long, and I'm pretty new to the world of wearing girdles. I just got a new one (my second ever), and I'm not exactly sure how this one's supposed to fit.

My old girdle:

RPG6K-big.jpg

Maybe I'm wearing this too low, but I have it so the RBK lettering is covering my hip pointer area, and the graphic logo is covering the lower, more outside bony spot (obviously, I didn't go to med school, and have no idea what these are called :blink: ). Everything seems to fit ok, length-wise and all over. It's comfortable, and seems right. My pants sit at the belt-line of the girdle, about where my belt-line is in a pair of saggy jeans.

For my new girdle, I decided to try a Mission Thorax:

TXDG-big.jpg

I'm not sure, with the new one, what's supposed to protect what. The wide/long pad on the side with the red plastic cap seems like it should cover both the hip pointer and lower outside bony area, but then the top of the girdle comes to just below my ribs. Is this right? Are the pants supposed to sit that high too? It kinda makes sense, but it feels odd, and now makes me question if I've been wearing my old one too low. If I wear the belt-line of the new one in the same place as the old one, my hip pointer area is completely unprotected.

How high up on the body are these supposed to come?

I just your post quickly (i might have misread something in my rush to get out the door to class). I also have the mission thorax. I don't think there are really any pads to protect your hips pointers (if i'm thinking of the right body part). I wear mine to where the elastic band is just slightly higher up than my boxers. If you want more protection from a thorax girdle, the thorax advantage has a bit more. This particular girdle (at least from what i understand and use it for) is to provide very minimal protection and stay very mobile. I basically got mine for the ass pads and to hold in my cup.

I have the same girdle, having just purchased it, and I have the same exact feeling, like it needs to pulled up higher than I usually prefer.

I think, but Im not sure, that those wing-looking pads in front of the red plastic side inserts are supposed to cover the blade-like bones at the front of your pelvis.

(yeah I didnt take anatomy either)

And the red plastic side pads cover your hip joint (which I'm assuming is the same as your lower outside bony area) I notice that when pulled up like that there is a fair amount of flesh exposed above the knee, (or mid-leg bendy area)

I have the same girdle, having just purchased it, and I have the same exact feeling, like it needs to pulled up higher than I usually prefer.

I think, but Im not sure, that those wing-looking pads in front of the red plastic side inserts are supposed to cover the blade-like bones at the front of your pelvis.

(yeah I didnt take anatomy either)

And the red plastic side pads cover your hip joint (which I'm assuming is the same as your lower outside bony area) I notice that when pulled up like that there is a fair amount of flesh exposed above the knee, (or mid-leg bendy area)

I guess that is actually the hip joint I meant :P

I'm returning mine for a smaller size, hopefully it'll sit better, and make more sense to me.

Its hard to say with girdles, as from my experiance alot of people playing roller choose not to wear them, myself included...I know their are fit guides for them that basically go with whatever your waist size is...I would follow that or just try abnother size if it dosent feel right...protective gear is ment to fit for a reason, but in roller as far as girdles go Id say just find the one that you "feel" the most comfortable in...When I did where a girlde it was the Mission D series and I actully just went with my waist and the belt of my pants was over top the belt of the girdle and the top "hip protectors" were sticking above my pants...hope this helps...

I'm returning mine for a smaller size, hopefully it'll sit better, and make more sense to me.

Well, that was the magic fix. The fist one I had was just too big, and the smaller size works perfectly. Thanks for the input, guys.