Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vathsdrop

Vanguard magnesium chassis on proto VS team boot?

Hello

I wonder if it's possible to put a vanguard chassis (the one of the boss sold at retail) on a pair of Proto VSI team boots size 10.

Do I need size M for the chassis.

If you guys have pics of such custom skates, please put them here.

Any advices, help..

Thanks

Vd

Well, a size 10 boot is sort of border-line between a medium and large frame. Really, its just personal preference on that front.

As to whether or not the frame will seat well, you really won't know until you try. If you can, go to your LHS and see if they can pop the package open for you to see if the frame lines up on the boot. I'm not sure if you LHS would like that or not, but its worth a try. Its certainly better than making a $170 mistake if it doesn't fit.

If I remember correctly, a 10 is a Medium Chassis.

Oh okay, sorry for speaking authoritatively on that. I was just going back on experience from having my Proto VSI's mounted on large Redstar E-frames. I think my VSI's were 10/10.5D's and the frames fit very well. Then again, we're talking about the Vanguard, not some Redstar frames ;)