Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cougarscaptain87

ACL Surgery

no one knows how i walked on it let alone played on it, i really dont have an answer. not trying to sound all bad ass but it really didnt hurt all the bad. not enough to keep me from playing. the only thing the doc thought could possibly be is that it was barley torn at the begining and then i turned it into a total ruined knee but it didnt even hurt the day i walked into surgery so i really have no idea.

no one knows how i walked on it let alone played on it, i really dont have an answer. not trying to sound all bad ass but it really didnt hurt all the bad. not enough to keep me from playing. the only thing the doc thought could possibly be is that it was barley torn at the begining and then i turned it into a total ruined knee but it didnt even hurt the day i walked into surgery so i really have no idea.

It wasn't really 'bad-ass' until THAT line!

I tore my ACL about four years ago and didn't get surgery for about a year afterwards because of insurance issues. I still played all of the sports I usually did except I favored my other knee like no other and didn't make any lateral explosive moves with that knee.

I don't know about everybody else but I feel 99% back both physically and mentally three years after surgery. I found out even though my knee was back to good, the mental part took a while to catch up where you don't even think about the knee. Work hard and you'll be back to normal.

Luckily I have never had a major injury (writing this as I am beating the shit out of my wood desk) but from my understanding when it comes to this type of thing is that pain=sprain and no pain=much worse. I have had sprained knees before and that is usually the first thing my Dr. tells me.

Be prepared to never fully trust that knee again.

Very, Very true.

I beg to differ. If you work hard at strengthening your muscles and slowly build on movements you can get back to normal. If you keep telling yourself that you can never trust your knee again then you won't, you are just setting yourself up for failure. Keep in mind this is from my personal experience and a successful surgery.