Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andysly

First game with my new helmet - Bauer 5500

So last night I got to use my new Bauer 5500, which replaced a 5-6 year old Bauer 3500. Keeping in mind the helmet I was used to, I really liked the new padding. In the old helmet the foam had fossilized over the years and started to really push on my temples and cheek bones. In fact, after each game I would experience major soreness on the high part of my cheekbones (just under the temples).

Well, the 5500 alleviated that. But I did notice that my forehead was majorly irritated by the new helmet - almost like the padding was digging into the skin. Maybe I just need to adjust the sizing to give just a bit more room?

Overall, I am very happy with the new helmet. It didn't cost me an arm and a leg, I do feel safe wearing it, and it certainly didn't rattle around on my head like the old one did.

Thanks to all you guys here I went into my LHS with a little education and some idea of what to look for.