Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick

Replacing a skate tongue......

Does anyplace put new tongues in skate boots? I really like my 99 Easton Z-Air skates but the tongue digs into my shins. I thought that it would get better but the skates are pretty well broken in and the tongue issue remains. The tongue has a hard rubber lace bite insert and I have thought about trying to remove it myself or maybe just replacing the tongues all togather. I have even considered removing the tongues from my old Tacks and having them sewn into the Eastons if that is possible. Other than that I love the skates. They have plenty of stiffness, fit me well and seem to be working great with my Sprungs but the tongue issue has become a downside.

Rick Henry

Have you tried wearing long crew socks, and then folding them down so that there two layers of sock on your shins where the lace bite occurs? I had a big problem with lace bite and then did that and it solved my problem.