Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djsnowman777

labeda sensor chassis wheel set up question

the stock setup is 76 72 80 80 .....im not to experienced in that chassis and it being so old i couldnt find much bout the converstion so i want to if you can take the 76 wheel in the front and put a 72 instead ????

you can still do that like a normal hilo, but the whole purpose of having that 76mm wheel in front was to give it a little more area on the wheel to pushoff...

In the 76-72-80-80 config... you have a certain pitch that your foot is at while the wheels all hit the floor at the same time. I hate using the word "flat" to describe that because it doesn't take into account the pitch the chassis puts you at. Flat implies that your foot is riding parallel to the floor, when in actuality, your foot is always at an angle with your toes pointed down.

In a 72-72-80-80 config... you will be rockering off of the mid-72 wheel. So while you are coasting, you'll have the back 3 wheels on the ground, but while you push off, you will only have the 2 72mm wheels in contact with the floor.

So to answer your question, Yes you can replace the front 76 with a 72. However, you defeat the purpose of the chassis. I have 2 sets Sensors that I've had installed on all my boots since the era of the Tour G90s, so I speak from experience.

Hope this helps.

Frank~Frank

In the 76-72-80-80 config... you have a certain pitch that your foot is at while the wheels all hit the floor at the same time. I hate using the word "flat" to describe that because it doesn't take into account the pitch the chassis puts you at. Flat implies that your foot is riding parallel to the floor, when in actuality, your foot is always at an angle with your toes pointed down.

In a 72-72-80-80 config... you will be rockering off of the mid-72 wheel. So while you are coasting, you'll have the back 3 wheels on the ground, but while you push off, you will only have the 2 72mm wheels in contact with the floor.

So to answer your question, Yes you can replace the front 76 with a 72. However, you defeat the purpose of the chassis. I have 2 sets Sensors that I've had installed on all my boots since the era of the Tour G90s, so I speak from experience.

Hope this helps.

Frank~Frank

I was kind of forced into doing this because I had the front 76 wheel break on me and didn't have a back up set of 76 wheels. I ended up putting on the 72's in the front. It felt weird at first because you can feel the rocker as you push off and coast as explained above but I did get used to it after a couple of games.

The wheels wore slightly as well so it reduced the amount of rocker as I played more with that set up.

In any case good luck!