Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick

Vector V8.0 vs. CCM Tacks fit

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find anything on this. I wear CCM Tacks (old style Tacks) size 10D but they are actually a little big. I can wear my sons 9D Tacks but my toes really, really brush the inside of the toe cap so much so that I wouldn't want to skate much in them so I really have not tried. Now I have a chance at a pair of Vector V8.0 (the blue roller hockey skates) in a 9.5D. Is the fit close between the Tacks and the Vectors length wise? No stores in my area carry Vectors so I have no idea how they fit.

Rick Henry

As a long time CCM wearer (four pairs of tacks over 15 years or so) I felt I should provide this input.

I went shopping for new skates and tried the vectors first as I was all set to get another pair of CCMs.

I did not like the fit of them, the size was the same as far as length of the boot but there was something amiss, they were not as comfortable as all the previous CCMs I have owned (all of them were Tacks)

example: Once I bought a pair on ebay and recieved them a day before a tournament, I took them, played seven games in brand new skates and never had a blister,hot spot, or uncomfortable moment.

The vectors did fit the same sizewise, but to me, they felt different, and not in a good way.

Just thought you should know.

Thanks for your input. I can't wait for them to get here Monday. I ordered them from Inline Warehouse for $99.00 on closeout so if for some reason they don't fit I hope to be able to sell them and get my money back. If they fit I will most likely be mounting my Sprung chassis on them so I will have a Tr-Di chassis in blue for sale. I kind of figured for $99.00 it was hard to go wrong.

Thanks Again

Rick Henry