Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeytender29

9k skate or one95's

They fit quite differently, so I'd have a second fitting and pay close attention there. The One95 will mold more in baking, and will assuredly be a more durable skate.

Quality-wise, the 9K and One95 are on par for steel. The 9K's thinner and replaceable, but not all that much better. Bauer stepped up.

The U+ cowlings will come with that awful scalloped V10 steel, unless you specify otherwise.

One95 boots in any CCM/RBK cowling with 9K steel would be my choice, personally.

I've been using the 9Ks for a bit over a year now and I have found them extremely comfortable. Right off the bat, everything seemed to fit right and my feet sat pretty well in the 9Ks. The steel is unbelievable and can hold its edge for a very long time. I'll actually be getting a pair of One95s in a couple of days so if I get a chance to skate, I'll let you know how they are compared to the 9Ks. From what I've heard, they fit completely differently and are a lot stiffer, while the 9Ks are softer.

Samson

the one95s just arrived and I gotta say, its gonna be tough to choose which one to use. They are very comfortable skates. The little design at the tip of the blade seem to be a complete gimmick though. The blue lines are coming off.

The little lines on the toe of the steel were purely a cosmetic call out for consumers while the skate is on the wall at a retail store. it lets the consumer see that there is more steel in the toe of the skate giving them a longer life with sharpenings

I weigh about 160 pounds, and i found the one95's to be to be a bit to stiff for me. I had them molded and skated on them a few times, I loved the new steel but i just don't think i'm quite heavy enough for a skate like that. I chose to go witha vapor xxx boot and switched that garbage steel the xxx's used to have for the new stainless steel.