Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hartford's Own

Ice to Inline Skate Boot Size question.

First of all I apologize if this has been answered, as looking through the search functions I saw numerous size questions and answered between different skate companies, Like a 7.5 RBK skate compared to a Mission skate size, But none within the same company.

Having played Ice Hockey for the last 10 years, I have finally decided to make the jump to Inline. As I will continue to play Ice, I can't really justify taking my Skates and re-attaching an inline chassis to them. I was wondering if Skate companies keep the same style sizing between Ice/Inline. I’m 5'8" 180lbs (stocky dude) and wear a Size 9 men’s shoe, and that my 9k RBK Ice Skates run a size 6.5D.

Would it be safe to assume that if I order online a 6.5D RBK Inline, that it would be the same general size and fit as 6.5D Ice skate? Having had to get my skates baked and punched would I have to have this done to my Inline pair? If anyone has any advice that would be great, thank you.

Unfortunately many of the LHS in my area tend to focus on Mission and Bauer style skates, and I haven't found a group in the area where they have an excess of stock that I could try on a number of different sizes in CCM or RBK style. Since I have a foot that seems to fit well in the RBK mold I'd like to keep the same style boot. I'm not really worried about price, but something comparable to a 9K skate (Step or 2 below or above is fine).

RBK uses essentially the same boot as ice for inline as far as the boot last and fit goes. I wouldn't touch anything other than the 9K inline though, the chassis on the others is not that good

yea dont go with anything under a 9k skate, i have seen alot of people have had to get new chassis beause the rbk ones were bending and breaking apart. another thing you can look at is buyig a cheaper ice skate, like a vapor xxii or a rbk 5 of 6k, and throwing a inline chassis on it, you will have alot stiffer boot and great protection for less. let me know if you have any questions, i work in a lhs so if you have any questions pm me