Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AWE46M3

NBH Vapor vs NBH OneXX conversion

Im looking for a new skate again and am going back to an ice boot. About a year ago I bought my first, and last, pair of roller hockey skates but Im in need of new skates again.

Anyway, I used to have Vapor 10s and think I am going to go back to Bauers, though I dont know which boot. For whatever reason I tend to see far more Vapors converted to roller than the OneXX series, is there any GOOD reason for this? I am thinking about converting either One90, One70/75, or Vapor XXV/XXXX. Im leaning toward the Vapors because my last boot was really durable and a quality skate overall, but I like the OneXXs because they seem to be lighter.

If it makes a difference, I want to use the Humer chassis. And yes, I do realize I probably will have to dremel an ice boot to accommodate the 80mm wheels.

Anyway, if anyone has any input on this, it would be appreciated.

From what I understand, the biggest difference between the two boots is the fit. And you should probably go with the boot that fits you better. Having said that, the only pair of bauers i ever had was a CHEAP pair of rollers that was my first inline skate back in 1999 maybe. I've seen vapors and onexx's both converted and as far as I know neither is a problem to convert.

Maybe that helps a little, but i suspect I was probably no help.

All the skates you are looking to convert (One90, One70, One75, Vapor XXV & Vapor XXXX's) are great skates, if they fit you properly. Why didn't you mention the One95's? If you've got the dough, I say choose between the One90's and the Vapor XXXX's based upon fit.

I believe the reason there are more Vapors converted than One series skates, is just a sign of preference/fit.

I've heard from some that the fit of the One90 was better than that of the One95; IIRC, I heard its tighter and narrower? Anyway, I've yet to try any of the OneXXs on so I'll try on whatever I can find. I did try a pair of One70s about 6-8 mos ago, but dont really remember the fit.