Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eddyo57

upcoming pads for me... need advice

i know already that i am gettin the itech 12.8 xwings. 36 +2. but i was very curious as to what you guys here think about mixing and matching colors with glove and blocker. my padding all matches now. the biggest thing is i have 2 ushl tryouts this summer. one being a main camp already. and i wanted to know if that rumor of having "different" pads helps you get noticed. i never used to think much of it when a goalie would show up to a tryout with all orange pads. or maybe all purple. but i did start noticing that everytime he made even a simplistic save... i was noticing him. you guys think there might be some truth behind this myth of "different pads" to try and stand out. (and i know the best way to stand out is to play better but im just very curious about this whole matter)

waterloo blackhawks and cedar rapids roughriders. i just want to have a good showing for later years because i still have 3 years of juniors after the end of this season. so i feel as though i have a pretty good amount of time as long as i can get my name out there.

good luck with the tryouts

as far as the pads it goes back to the white "optical illusion" i tend to notice pads that are not "normal" colors. bright orange ought to do the trick

Bright pads are a bit like white skates on a forward, or a dandyish pocket-square in a suit - it can work for you or against you. If you're flashy by nature, by all means, get flashy pads: just bear in mind that they will highlight your mistakes every bit as much as your skills. If you're a more steady, conservative type, you want to highlight that: go for basics aesthetically.

I still think one of the best rigs I ever saw was a guy with Koho 590s in solid white, with a single stripe of red on each pad (3rd accent). It matched his team, and it matched his in-net persona perfectly.

waterloo blackhawks and cedar rapids roughriders. i just want to have a good showing for later years because i still have 3 years of juniors after the end of this season. so i feel as though i have a pretty good amount of time as long as i can get my name out there.

Ahh, i see. You should try out for the sioux falls stampede too! :P If you can back the flashiness up with skill, then go ahead and do it.

i don't know about that. if they have never even sent me an email... i highly doubt i would have a shot at makin it. those guys in the USHL are extremely good. im just going where i have that small glimmer of hope. and i think im gonna go with all white with a tiny accent colors of gold and blue.. shuold be interesting.

im hopin so. im curious to see what if looks like with my rx-9 gloves which are white with gold and blue accents. i have unknowingly become an itech posterboy over the past couple season. the only things i don't wear itech are skates (and cowlings). chest and arm. and.... thats actually it. and i used to rag on the itech stuff all the time. funny how the tides can turn.

you know... i would but the RX9 gloves are so amazing. i love the way the glove closes and feels for puck handling. same with the blocker. the only thing i don't like is the finger covers on the glove are like ripping off due to the amount of curve the back of the hand has. and they didn't put eyelets where they put the string so ugh... you would know if you saw. but its really hard to explain.

is it on the "armadillo"-thing right under the over piece? same problem. mine jsut ripped entirly but it doesnt make any difference to me.

yes. exactly. its all because they don't put fucking eyelets there to stop the string from ripping. all it took was one shot and RIP. still love the glove but i gotta figure out a way to keep it from ripping out completely like you said yours did.

once it rips from hole to hole it cant rip anymore. i couldnt find any way to prevent or fix the problem. let me know if you do though

i was gonna try and take it to the shoe repair place in my town and have them re-string it with eyelets put in the spots where the string used to go through. only thing stopping me right now is the lack of a second glove to use for a week while they do it. i have the feeling it would work. but then when you get it back it feels like your breaking in an entirely new glove because they have to dry it out soo much.