Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srv2miker

Stretching goalie skates

Hey Guys,

I've got size 10 Bauer goalie skates that almost fit - another 1/2 size would do it. I know you can stretch player skates, but what about goalie skates?

They can definitely be stretched - the only issue is not pushing the toe too close to the toe of the cowling. I *believe* that Bauer sizes up cowlings on the full size, which means that a size 9 and a 9.5 share the same cowling - meaning, basically, that you can stretch a 9 boot a half-size without any problems. If, however, you stretched a 9.5 Bauer by more than about a quarter size, you'd get your toes broken: there needs to be a good centimetre or greater gap between the toe of the boot and the toe of the cowling. IIRC, CCM works the opposite way (at least on their pre-Cusotmlite cowlings), so that an 8.5 and a 9 would share the same cowling.

i don't know nearly as much as law goalie. but i got my goalie skates strecthed when i needed the extra half size from an 8 to an 8.5 and it worked out perfectly. could not have been more happy with the results. and i still use these same skate boots. I did get new cowling put on them and when you do that. you want to get the original cowling size.