Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebladeshockey8

inline chest protector

ok so im playing for my friends roller team in 2 weeks for a tourny in ft myers, FL...i played ice goalie when i was younger but switched out to player, so i have some goaltending experience, plus my dad was a goalie...so ill be playing goalie in 2 weeks, and the chest protector my friend had is a Jr medium haha..im almost 17 years old and im about 5'11 and 200 pounds, so you can just imagine what i looked like out there...anyways, i dont wana spend a TON of money on a chest protector, as i will only be using it for a tourny, maybe a couple more upcoming ones, but does anyone know where i can get a chest protector for around $100 maybe? thanks guys..

With the lighter pucks, protection is not really an issue. Anything will do, really. Check closeouts on GoalieMonkey, HockeyGiant, The Goalie Crease, Goalie Heaven, etc.

The big concern with inline is generally heat. Some top-of-the-line C/A's are incredibly hot off-ice - Brown is notorious for this. The only two C/A's I've seen that do anything meaningful to combat this are the Brian's Zero-G and Battram Custom, which use a lot of Air-Knit and Exceed; the Brian's also doens't use plastics, so it's much lighter and breathes better.

Generally speaking, if you see a C/A with loose knit material, it'll play cooler than one with flat nylon.