Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cunndies

Skate sizing

I know this seems to get asked here regularly, and the answer is always to go and try them on, but....

I live in the UK, not anywhere particularly near to one of the (few) hockey shops I know of. The one at the rink nearest where I live is both insanely expensive and not particularly helpful when it comes to stuff like this, so I thought asking on here would be a good idea.

I've played roller hockey for years, at a fairly competitive level. I'm thinking of getting into ice, which I've never played competitively, as I'm moving to somewhere where there's a rink. This means I'm looking at getting a pair of skates. For roller, I wear CCM Vector 8.0s, and they fit me fine, though there is the odd occasion when they make my feet hurt after practice, so I'm not sure the fit is perfect.

For ice skates, I'd be getting them online, as that's the only way I can afford to do it. I plan to try a few on, but wanted a few tips before I do. I've got size 11 (UK) feet, with a fairly wide forefoot and a medium/high arch. Any recommendations to narrow down the list of skates that I should look at?