Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SouthPaw

Cage

So because of my job (not hockey related unfortunately!) I need to wear a mask. I would love to go to a shield but it's not smart for me.

Currently, I have the Itech flat front cage, which is about 7-10 years old now (yikes.) I was thinking the other day, there has got to have been some new developments in cage technology. I was looking at our goalies cage the other day and I noticed the bars were flattened to reduce the visual impairment. Is there anything like that for players? I was thinking maybe a cage/visor combo, but those just look so terrible. And it's not really the straight out view that bothers me, it's vision just below you. I do not care if it is approved by anyone, just as long as it protects my eyes and teeth! Google search doesn't provide anything though. Any suggestions?

Im probably taking the uncool route, but I have a full wire shield for the same reason, to protect my face. Have a buddy who has an Oakley visor, and took a stray shot in the chin last week. 13 stitches and what looks like collagen implants in his lips later....... yeah, guess ill have to look like a goof ;)

I ended up finding a Bauer Oval "TrueVision" cage in Calgary. I tried it out last night and it was unbelievably better than my old Bauer III. I really have no urge to go to a half shield after trying it.