Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ricsam

Industrial design student looking for goalies opinion;

Hi,

I am an industrial design student at University of Montreal and I am working at the moment on my degree project.  The topic?  Thinking the hockey goaltender mask in order to make it safer, more effective, more ergonomic, ... , in other words better!  I refer to you who might be a goaltender or to your social network in which might hide one or more goaltender(s)!  Please go to the following link to fill in less than 10 minutes a short survey: 

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey....256tfu48l658413

Thank you for your time!

Samuel Richer

Thanks, highly appreciated! Final concept will come out in may 2010. I'll let you have a look at the result.

Keep it coming, spread the word....more answer I get better will be the result in the end.

I would like to analyse the results in 2-3 weeks maximum. After that I'll start conceptual work, tons of sketches, physical mock ups and eventually working prototypes. Lots of fun ahead! And eventually I'll let you see the results.

Thanks all for your time, keep it coming. I'm slightly above 15% of my goal!

Samuel

Yeah, you'll get a lot of opinions there... but not necessarily meaningful or constructive ones.

My advice would be goalielife.com - smaller population, better focus.

Cool, thanks for the link. Actually I registered to this forum earlier this week but I have to wait until the admin. approve me. But as soon as I'll get approved, I'll post overthere too.

Help is highly appreciated, I'm positively suprise how people are passionate about their equipment, really cool to see that and work on such a topic!

Just reach 200 answers, I'm really looking forward to analysing all this!

In the mean time, why don't you tell me more specifically what you would change on your mask if you had the opportunity to. Be creative, no answer aren't good! I would personnally love to have a mask that move on my head in order to keep cage out of my sight line at all time! Any weird idea like that too?

Thanks!

I filled this in as well, even though I dont play in goals very often.

Not sure whether this is a dumb idea, but I've always had a stiff back and neck. Maybe something that would also prevent your neck from being thrown back (similar to whiplash?) if you fall forwards or backwards onto your head? Most goalies would focus on the puck, and if your arm is stretched out to reach for the puck the arms arent infront to break the fall.

I filled this in as well, even though I dont play in goals very often.

Not sure whether this is a dumb idea

There is no dumb idea as I said, there is only usefull ones! Thanks, any other ideas everyone!

Time's up! No seriously, many thanks for the help! I end up with a fair amount of answers....255 as for now. That means that the error marging is approx. 5-6% which is fair enough.

So it's the time to work on the analysis....fun starts now!

Thanks again, I'll keep you inform as the project progress.

Samuel