Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chemxsol

Mission Soldier Skates Becoming Overly Soft

I play both ice and roller hockey but I'm leaning towards roller for now due to financial issues. I've had my white 2008 Mission Soldiers for about 3 months. The skate boot recently had become very soft to the point where I'm bending my ankles way too much and can't skate as well anymore. It's hurting the way I play and hindering my performance to keep up with my teammates in Bantam AA hockey. I have a pair of CCM Vector 02's ice skates that I use from time to time and it's still very stiff and no bending at all. I was thinking of buying new roller skates but for me that's not much economically sound. So I was thinking of maybe doing a ice-to-roller conversion for my Vector 02's. And using the chassis from my Mission skates to go to my CCM's. I need your opinions if I should go towards this route for some new roller skates with a stiff boot. Thanks for reading.

I play both ice and roller hockey but I'm leaning towards roller for now due to financial issues. I've had my white 2008 Mission Soldiers for about 3 months. The skate boot recently had become very soft to the point where I'm bending my ankles way too much and can't skate as well anymore. It's hurting the way I play and hindering my performance to keep up with my teammates in Bantam AA hockey. I have a pair of CCM Vector 02's ice skates that I use from time to time and it's still very stiff and no bending at all. I was thinking of buying new roller skates but for me that's not much economically sound. So I was thinking of maybe doing a ice-to-roller conversion for my Vector 02's. And using the chassis from my Mission skates to go to my CCM's. I need your opinions if I should go towards this route for some new roller skates with a stiff boot. Thanks for reading.

I don't know how stiff the lower level CCM ice boots are, but I burned through a pair of CCM Inline Vector 03's (or 04's, I forgot which) in about 3 months, with the same problems you described with your missions.

I guess I'm saying, that unless your ice Vector 02's are super stiff, it's probably not worth sacrificing of your ice skates, & going through the effort and or cost of converting boots that will also go soft quickly.