Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AWE46M3

Question about Vanguard chassis

Are they found on all newer Mission skates? Seems like you can find some of the low end Missions brand new for close to the same price as buying the chassis alone (aluminum); you'd get some bearings and outdoor wheels out of the deal.

Do they have more forward pitch compared to the Hum'er chassis?

Are they found on all newer Mission skates? Seems like you can find some of the low end Missions brand new for close to the same price as buying the chassis alone (aluminum); you'd get some bearings and outdoor wheels out of the deal.

Do they have more forward pitch compared to the Hum'er chassis?

the vanguard chassis is a 80/76 setup. the cheaper skates, use different metals and are constructed differently.

Your $170 Magnesium Vanguard chassis is not the same that you would find on a mission bsx skate.

sorry to highjack but this thoughts been bugging me, with missions work in titanium you would think they'll make a titanium vanguard...wonder if it'll be better than the mag. :P

Porky, I realize it's not the same as the Mag chassis; maybe I should have been more clear. Do all newer Mission skates have some derivative of the Vanguard (aluminum or Mag) or do some still have a 80-80-72-72 set up? I don't really care to have a Mag chassis or not.

I looked at a couple sites and it looks like the non-Mag equipped skates (DSX and above) use 7000 series aluminum while the CSX and below use 6000 series so I guess there is a difference.

Anyway, can anyone comment about the pitch of the Vanguard compared to Hum'ers?

sorry to highjack but this thoughts been bugging me, with missions work in titanium you would think they'll make a titanium vanguard...wonder if it'll be better than the mag. :P

I think the price of Ti is a fair amount more than that of Mg, so I'm sure that plays a role in why Mg over Ti. Not too sure how their properties differ though.