Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bradfield32

New shorts

Hello

Just looking for some help on choosing a set of new shorts I have no idea which are good and which are bad.

I play butterfly, I am 6,2 and 36' waist, if you need any more info please let me know.

Cheers

Craig

Do you mean underwear? Cup holder?

I use Nike/Bauer Vapor pants. It holds my cup in place, wicks sweat away, and is comfortable. Also, I like the pants as I do not like wearing hockey socks with my goalie gear.

I bought the RBK Pro goal pant this year and love them so far. Before that, I had been in TPS pants from 2003, and they leave a lot unprotected in the inner thigh area. The RBKs have proven comfortable, very protective, and mobile despite all the thigh protection. The only thing I hate about them is the completely useless reflective striping on the front. Aside from bad aesthetics, the pants are a great value.

If you can find a pair, CCM 620s (also known as Premier 1s), are a pretty good pant. I have the Premier 1s and am not concerned with pucks missing spots.

Check on ebay.

I do not. For the pants all I can say is that I do not find the weight to be an issue.

As to knee pads - I am using the Premier 2 kneepads - the ones with the large, plastic shield for the knee cap.

(http://www.goaliemonkey.com/rbk-goalie-knee-protectors-premier2.html)

The shield is pretty large but they do not interfere with rotation on my PS2s and do a good job of stopping shots to the knee.

All I can say about Browns is what I have heard - they are excellent pants which will be very expensive. Beyond that I know nothing about them and have no hands on experience with them.