Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offwhite

Hummer Chassis enquiry

Hi,

So i've finally taken the plunge and bought some One95s (thanks for all the help Hoffer) The plan was to strip the Hummers off my Beemers however if there was a chance of keeping the Tours for outdoor rec. I would prefer that. Could anyone suggest anywhere I could pick up some cheap/2nd Hummer chassis without paying $150? The sticky point is that I'm in the UK but will be in NYC from Feb 10th so could ship them there.

Thanks again

Hi again,

So now I've decided to go for a Mission Mag Van chassis for the One95s (thanks so much Fatwabbit for all your help) As the skates are NBH 10.5 I assume from the sizing charts that I would need a L frame.

However a 10.5 is on the border of a M and a L. What are the positives and negative of a frame that perhaps is the smallest frame you can getaway with or the largest frame possible on the skate?

If the answer (and suspect it will be) get the recommended L chassis has anyone got anything in either black or white colourway that they are looking to sell? If the answer is M I should be ok for a frame.

Once again thanks for all the help

G

I think it will come down to a personal preference. However, I am currently skating on a set of CCM 992's in a size 9.5d. I opted for a medium chassis when I had them made, because I wanted a shorter wheel base (as this was my first time running all 80mm wheels, I thought this would help my agility). However, in hindsight, I would prefer to be on large chassis as I don't feel that my chassis are mounted optimally (I some times feel like my rear wheel is too far forward causing that feeling of falling backwards on my a$$ from time to time). Now keep in mind, I am running the Hummer chassis, so sizing may vary between Labeda and Mission...but I would not hesitate to buy a large chassis for a size 10.5 Bauer boot. Good luck!

Here's a pic to show how medium Labeda chassis look on a 9.5d boot:

IMG_0302.jpgIMG_0301.jpg

Cheers Makoto for your opinion.

I agree with a size L for the boot. So now I'm looking for a L mission mag vanguard. Any going spare? Seems to be a shortage at HM and IW. Missed one on the bay which would have been perfect. There must be some on the forum...

Thanks again

G