Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-Shera

At the drive in

I have this song called Star slight by at the drive in and I really like it. Can you recomend some other songs by them that are simular?

If you like ATDI then you will definetely like Sparta. Same band, except after ATDI broke up, Sparta formed. Singer's voice sounds a little different though. I don't really like their new cd, Porcelain, but their 1st cd, Wiretap Scars with Cut Your Ribbon, Rx Coup, Assemble the Empire is a really solid listen.

after atdi broke up, two different bands came out of it. sparta is basically the rhythm section of atdi (the drummer, bassist, and the second guitarist/backup singer/organ). the other two members (the afro twins - the singer and guitarist) formed the mars volta. in my opinion, the mars volta have all the musical experimentation that existed in atdi and are just far superior and more awesome than sparta. "deloused in the comatorium" is just pure genouis. sparta is pretty good though, just more straight ahead post-hardcore rock.

some atdi songs to get: chanbara, napolean solo, catacombs, proxima centauri, heliotrope, 300mhz, sleepwalk capsules, and cosmonaut.

ATDI was spotty IMO and Sparta is not good at all but I absolutely love The Mars Volta. My fav ATDI songs are Pattern Against User, Enfilade, and Napolean Solo.