Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

durden

shock doctor vs rbk 9k

Hey everyone, I was gonna start in an inline league soon and while I didnt wanna wear a girlde at first i feel like i need some protection down there. So my two choices are the new rbk 9k girdle, its very close to the skin and looks like it has lots of protection. Or the shock doctor 5 pad compression short. They are both the same amount of money and pretty slim, I cant decide at all anyone have any thoughts?

Hey everyone, I was gonna start in an inline league soon and while I didnt wanna wear a girlde at first i feel like i need some protection down there. So my two choices are the new rbk 9k girdle, its very close to the skin and looks like it has lots of protection. Or the shock doctor 5 pad compression short. They are both the same amount of money and pretty slim, I cant decide at all anyone have any thoughts?

I definately recommend wearing some sort of girdle. skating on a bruised hip can be very uncomfortable. I use a Mission girdle. Probably not as slim as the others, but light weight and breathable and not overly bulky, while still providing good protection. Also has a built-in cup pocket, so you can lose the jock strap. Not sure if the ones you are considering have those or not. The reason I chose the Mission is because they are available on HockeyMonkey as part of a pant/girdle combo pack for pretty cheap. I hope this helps.

PS--i think I also saw rbk pant/girdle combo's on HockeyMonkey, so you might want to check that out.

definitely check out the mission thorax without the kidney side protectors if you want a slimmer girdle. Its cheaper than the 9k too.

I've got the 9k and love it. Very slim and mobile. Doesn't hinder movement at all yet very protective, I block shots and rarely do I feel one.